Senior Associate, Risk Advisory
As an integral part of a high-growth team within our client’s organization, you’ll have the opportunity to directly partner with the most exciting publicly traded and privately held companies in the DC region. You’ll exist as a strategic business advisor for senior leadership and evaluate critical matters of risk, control, and compliance. Your technical expertise in finance, operations, and IT management will be put to work and allow you to deliver exceptional results tailored to meet the needs and offer solutions to their most valuable partners. On this team, there’s no limit to where you can have an impact and each day will represent an exciting new challenge.
This client is a rapidly expanding professional services firm focused on the Mid-Atlantic and they’re among the best when it comes to delivering forward-thinking solutions for their diverse portfolio of partners. In this environment, they maintain the same entrepreneurial spirit that led to their founding in 2003 and they continually strive to provide the most attractive professional growth/development opportunities for their people. Currently, they’re seeking a Risk Senior Associate for their Advisory practice who will oversee junior staff and tackle multiple internal audit and consulting projects.
- Participate in internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing, Sarbanes-Oxley, technology risk consulting, and other risk consulting engagements.
- Prepare clear, concise work papers that have definitive conclusions and follow documentation standards.
- Prepare meaningful and well-written recommendations for inclusion in client correspondence and the audit file.
- Apply standard accounting principles and auditing procedures to client engagements, including interviewing clients and analyzing data and information collected.
- Manage individual tasks within project budgets and deadlines.
- Effectively complete other tasks as assigned by managers.
- Effectively communicate with client management, external audit firms, and co-workers, including presenting audit results, project status, and other relevant topics.
- 3+ years of internal audit, public accounting, or other professional services experience.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance or related field.
- Progress toward one or more certifications (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc).
- 1+ years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management and ability to drive key initiatives.
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings.
- Big Four Public Accounting Experience.
- Desire and passion for learning, professional growth, and development.