Senior Accountant, Renewables
Accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities within our client’s organization. As a member of this company, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports — and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help them get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with leadership, advocate best practices, and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to driving innovation for solar generation, energy finance, and environmentally conscious community programs. It operates every step of its business—from development through construction and deployment—which empowers individuals to live sustainably while paying less. As a Senior Accounting Associate, you’d be joining a diverse group of insanely talented professionals with renewable energy and technology expertise that’s supported by incredibly strong leadership. This position reports directly to the company’s CFO & Controller.
- Manage all accounting & finance related functions for a robust portfolio of projects.
- Prepare journal entries, analysis and adjustment of income statement and balance sheet accounts, reconcile monthly balance sheet, and provide general accounting support.
- Oversee cost coding and review for accuracy of vendor and subcontractor invoices.
- Manage external bookkeeping activities; including review of bank reconciliations, accrual adjustments, and preparation of monthly financial statement packages.
- Meet month end and quarterly reporting deadlines.
- Prepare periodic comparative variance analysis.
- Assist with oversight of cash collection cycle working closely with the Program Manager, Subscriptions to manage AR & cash collection cycle.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly tax equity waterfalls.
- Assist with calculation, and track compliance with, debt covenants.
- Become cross-trained in other areas of the Department as necessary and willingly work in different areas as assigned.
- 3+ years of public and/or corporate accounting experience.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management, and ability to drive key initiatives.
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior-level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings.
- Big Four Public Accounting Experience a plus.
- CPA license and/or progress toward the certification.
- Experience in a Renewable Energy, Technology, or Real Estate environment is a plus.
- Desire and passion for learning, professional growth, and development.