Senior Accountant, Diversified
Accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities within our client’s organization. As a member of this company, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You’ll advise on technical accounting matters, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and management reports — and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help them get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with leadership, advocate best practices, and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to driving growth and innovation for a robust portfolio of companies in technology, education, manufacturing, and more. They continue to develop a wide array of quality products and meet the growing demands of their business units and end-users. As a Senior Accountant, you’d be joining a diverse group of hyper-talented professionals with global finance and accounting expertise that’s supported by an incredibly strong executive team. This position reports directly to the company’s Director of Accounting.
- Partners with business units on technical accounting matters, accounting policies, external reporting, and special projects.
- Assists with the company-wide consolidation, internal management reporting, and various components of external reporting and accounting research.
- Assists in preparation and analysis of quarterly & annual revenue disclosures under ASC 606.
- Reconciles operating unit information to consolidated revenue disclosures.
- Prepares external financial reporting to the SEC and internal reporting for the Board of Directors, senior management, and operating units.
- Maintains the Company’s lease portfolio for financial reporting purposes.
- Works closely with business lines to ensure completeness and accuracy of lease portfolio, including the creation of lease amortization schedules and determination of incremental borrowing rate.
- Prepares lease impairment analyses.
- Reviews quarterly lease certifications and perform internal controls over financial reporting.
- Works closely with other operating units, corporate departments, consultants, and external auditors.
- 3+ years of public and/or corporate accounting experience.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, or related field.
- CPA license and/or progress toward the certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management, and ability to drive key initiatives.
- Big Four Public Accounting Experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, especially in the areas of revenue recognition (ASC 606) and lease accounting (ASC 842).
- Experience in a Technology, Media, or Real Estate environment preferred.
- Desire and passion for learning, professional growth, and development.