Senior Accountant, Const
Accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities within our client’s organization. As a member of this company, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports — and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help them get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with leadership, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
This client exists as an elite, rapidly expanding commercial real estate organization and they’re looking for a dynamic Senior Accountant to spearhead accounting, finance, and special projects specifically for their Construction Management division. In the Senior role, you’ll take on job costs, Capex transactions, and fixed assets. You’ll join the best in the industry and provide robust oversight, technical expertise, and help grow the team over time.
- Work within the Yardi general ledger and job cost systems to record tenant-related Capex transactions.
- Handle all month-end close procedures related to tenant build-outs and major Capex jobs, including reconciliations to the general ledger.
- Work closely with construction management and project accounting teams to obtain, compile, and review monthly accrual entries as well as monthly and quarterly accounting reports.
- Communicate with external construction management teams.
- Enter and audit project codes used by the construction management team in Ulti-pro and Concur to track capitalized payroll and expenses.
- Verify capital projects are properly approved in accordance with the Delegation of Authority and other internal operating procedures.
- Monitor capital projects by analyzing budget to actual variances.
- Assign billing and tracking construction management fees for the company’s internal construction group.
- Identify and accurately record fixed assets and lease-related assets.
- Assist with internal and external tax and audit process, REIT compliance process, and annual budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Establish internal controls and accounting policies and procedures in conjunction with the construction management team’s best practices.
- Spearhead special projects as assigned by senior leadership.
- 2+ years of accounting and/or finance experience.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance or related field.
- Progress toward CPA and/or eligibility to sit for the exam.
- Exposure to construction/job cost or fixed asset accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management and ability to drive key initiatives.
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior-level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings.
- Big Four Public Accounting Experience.
- Experience with Yardi, Concur, UltiPro or similar accounting software.
- Desire and passion for learning, professional growth, and development.