Manager, TA + O&M
You’ll lead a savvy bunch who handle the operation and performance of solar energy assets within our client’s organization. As a member of this company, you know your engineering & construction principles and the full energy generation process end to end. You’ll optimize site production, and you’ll develop, oversee, and maintain a growing fleet of solar & energy storage assets— and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help them get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with executive leadership, advocate best practices, and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to driving innovation for solar generation, energy finance, and environmentally conscious community programs. It operates every step of its business—from development through construction, deployment, and maintenance—which empowers individuals to live sustainably while paying less. As the Manager of Technical Assets, you’d be joining a diverse group of insanely talented professionals with renewable energy & technology expertise that’s supported by incredibly strong leadership. This position reports directly to the company’s VP of Operations.
- Ensure all portfolios are performing at or above forecasted production.
- Maximize total production of each asset through the analysis of system efficiency and identify opportunities for improved performance.
- Monitor assets for downtime and/or anomalous behavior.
- Review regular production reports.
- Manage O&M contractor activities, including: preventative & corrective maintenance, spare part inventories, and warranty claims.
- Establish and maintain budgets and forecasted expenditures.
- Onboard new sites.
- Administer contracts, purchase orders, change orders and invoices with a particular focus on completeness and accuracy.
- Work closely with construction teams through commissioning activities to assure sites are optimally performing prior to entry into O&M period.
- Utilize data acquisition platforms such as AlsoEnergy, Green Power Monitor and/or other industry leading SCADA providers.
- Assist with major equipment procurement decisions and evaluation of operating costs and performance, including inverters, transformers, BESS, trackers and PV modules.
- Support finance, regulatory and origination colleagues as needed to complete portfolio & project requirements (insurance, annual reports including EIA, FERC and utilities).
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws & regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies & practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of experience in relevant role utilizing similar core proficiencies.
- BA/BS in engineering, construction, or related field.
- Excellent project management skills coupled with organization, flexibility, and strong attention to detail.
- Effective in working with both internal & external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with energy financing structures.
- Experience in a Renewable Energy, Technology, or Real Estate environment is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish effective working relationships and articulate issues & subject matter to process owners.
- Desire and passion for learning, professional growth, and development.