Director of FP&A
This Director is an ambitious, hard-working, highly analytical Finance professional who will summarize our client’s performance and uncover insights for executive management. This individual will have direct access and exposure to Finance senior leadership and will participate in the analysis, preparation, and presentation of key business drivers and financial results reviewed by Executive management each month.
The role will also lead special projects for Corporate FP&A and support forecast analysis, Board of Director presentations and earnings preparation on a quarterly basis. Information and insights are provided in support of measuring the success of our client’s. financial performance as compared to our corporate goals (budget and forecast) and investor expectations, while also providing management the ability to gauge the success of existing strategies and performance.
While financial analysis will clearly be an important element of the role, the emphasis is on applying overall analytical skills and experience to deliver succinct summaries of business performance.
- Apply general business acumen and deep financial knowledge to assess company performance across revenue, expense and headcount in the preparation and analysis of monthly results
- Demonstrating excellent written and verbal communication skills, the Director is responsible for succinctly summarizing and outlining corporate performance and key variance drivers. This requires in-depth understanding of financial and accounting terms and principles combined with the ability to quickly understand and effectively communicate performance implications in well-structured analytical output
- Become an influential thought leader within Corporate Finance by developing a deep understanding of our client’s increasingly complex and innovative business through rigorous data analysis
- Lead discussions and find solutions for management reporting issues across the company by working with finance partners globally, providing input regarding best practices and effectively integrating reporting processes throughout the organization
- Drive continuous enhancements and efficiency in the creation of financial analysis and reports in order to direct more of the team’s time to ad hoc analysis
- Lead special projects for Corporate FP&A, such as integration of acquisitions and enhancements of finance tools
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in financial analysis with progressively increasing responsibility and complexity of work.
- Combination of excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate will possess an extensive knowledge of financial and accounting terms and principles, and excel at succinctly summarizing, clarifying, and presenting corporate performance to Executive Management. The ability to respond to ad hoc requests and to influence others.
- Exceptional modeling and data management skills with a keen focus on accuracy.
- Must be comfortable in a leadership role, be extremely proactive and an active participant in a team environment.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
- MBA or CPA license.
- Previous experience in internal or external reporting.
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills in working with partners globally across functions.
- Advanced skills required in Hyperion Smartview Applications, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Familiarity with Oracle.