Engagement Leader, Tax + Consulting
Keen advisory/due diligence, strategic business planning, and audit/tax oversight are all part of our partner’s nationally recognized accounting practice. In this environment, you’ll be faced with a complex mix of duties that range from leading traditional planning functions to tax consulting, regulatory compliance and risk management. Your expertise/strategies will ensure their clients get the highest quality support when solving critical problems and making improvements that allow for a refined focus on growing their businesses.
This partner is considered a thought leader within professional services and maintains a niche in the renewable energy space. They exist as a full-service accounting & advisory firm made up of specialized experts who connect with their clients through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. Their portfolio is unmatched and includes a wide spectrum of large organizations and emerging growth companies. As a key member of leadership, you’ll have an opportunity to spearhead these engagements, oversee a hyper-talented team, and develop key relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Lead client engagements, including the related planning, timing, technical issues and other key decision making.
- Oversee the completion of engagements and identify/solve problem areas with minimal oversight or assistance.
- Conduct thorough engagement reviews.
- Supervise and mentor Staff & Senior Accountants which includes providing guidance in technical areas, identifying professional development opportunities, and maintaining a positive team atmosphere.
- Complete annual performance evaluations for staff and manage employee performance conversations.
- Find opportunities to turn acquired technical knowledge into value-added opportunities for the Firm’s clients.
- Develop and strengthen client relationships through professionalism, responsiveness, and a service-oriented approach.
- Assist Firm leadership in identifying, meeting, and pursuing new clients.
- Promote the Firm’s brand by participating on conference panels, contributing to publications, attending recruiting events, conducting in-house & client trainings, etc.
- Enhance skills in the industries the Firm focuses on by seeking out and completing training courses.
- Contribute ideas to increase Firm efficiency and improve overall profitability.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- 5+ years of progressive tax compliance or consulting experience in a public accounting environment.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance or related field.
- CPA/CA or equivalent.
- Comprehensive understanding of partnership tax planning, preparation, and review.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations.
- Demonstrated track record of developing positive client relationships.
- Experience in Renewable Energy, Construction, or Real Estate is a plus.