Sr. Manager, Project Finance
You’ll head up a gifted group that ensures our client’s organization makes sound financial decisions. Your work, whether it’s modeling business initiatives or driving M&A activities, is used by executives to make strategic company decisions. A master juggler working on multiple projects at a time, you’re focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big-picture challenges. Furthermore, you strive to make your mark on a successful and growing team, and you look to develop already strong business partnering skills. You’re an excellent communicator who enjoys collaborating with people who possess a diverse set of talents, and you interact with virtually all aspects of the business.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to driving innovation for solar generation, energy finance, and environmentally conscious community programs. It operates every step of its business—from development through construction, deployment, and maintenance—which empowers individuals to live sustainably while paying less. As the Sr. Manager of Project Finance, you’d be joining an impressive group of hyper-smart professionals with renewable energy & solar technology expertise that’s supported by incredibly strong leadership. This position reports directly to the company’s CFO.
- Support all strategic financing activity across the company and for a pipeline of community solar and small-scale utility solar projects.
- Evaluate potential project financing partners and the terms/economics.
- Take lead role on deal structuring & negotiations with tax equity/debt financing partners.
- Spearhead the due diligence and financing closing process with external providers.
- Provide broad financial planning & analysis to support company initiatives.
- Assist the development team on early stage development opportunities.
- Evaluate M&A opportunities for the company.
- Prepare and maintain internal approval documentation and corporate finance trackers.
- 5-10+ years of related experience in a role utilizing similar core proficiencies.
- BA/BS in finance, accounting, or math related field.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong working knowledge of various finance and business concepts.
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations.
- Familiarity with energy financing structures, M&A, and tax equity.
- Exposure to project finance Excel models and financial statements is a plus.
- Ability to work with both internal/external stakeholders and interface with outside lawyers, consultants, engineers and others as required.
- Experience in a Renewable Energy, Technology, or Real Estate environment is preferred.