Sr. Manager, Corp. Accounting
The accounting leadership team is a savvy bunch who help make sound financial decisions within our client’s organization. As a pivotal member of this company, you know your finance & accounting principles and the full consolidation & close process end to end. You’ll oversee all aspects of corporate accounting, advise on complex transactions, and optimize operating functions — and this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help your team get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A collaborator at heart, you work with executives, advocate best practices, and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to driving innovation for intelligent home & business automation at any scale. They continue to move technology where it’s most needed and meet the growing demands of their business and end-users. As the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting, you’d be joining a diverse group of hyper-talented professionals with global technology and security expertise that’s supported by an incredibly strong executive group. This position reports directly to the company’s Chief Accounting Officer (CAO).
- Manage the day-to-day accounting operations and ensure compliance with the Company’s accounting policies & procedures.
- Oversee the timely closing and consolidation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual books & records. This includes reviewing journal entries, reconciling balances, and ensuring accuracy by analyzing financial statements, investigating account variations, and verifying account balances.
- Prepare monthly financial statements on a timely basis and review quarterly flux analysis.
- Work closely with the Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) and external auditors, leading the effort to assess the Company’s current compliance with SOX 404 and implement controls & procedures to ensure SOX compliance.
- Assist in researching applicable accounting standards to ensure internal & external compliance in recording & reporting transactions.
- Collaborate with other departments when accounting information or skills are needed to support ongoing efforts of the Company and increase financial reporting accuracy.
- Support the external year-end audits including the preparation of necessary work papers.
- Lead, train, develop, and motivate accounting staff in order to maintain a high level of employee commitment & competence for sustained and self-reliant performance and achievement of the department & Company goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of blended experience within public accounting and a publicly-traded corporate environment.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting and/or Finance and an active CPA certification.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, revenue recognition, and general accounting policies & procedures.
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations.
- Big Four Public Accounting Background is a plus.
- Experience in a Technology, Real Estate, and/or Manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, diverse, and fast-paced environment.