Sr. Manager, Technical Acct. & Reporting
The Financial Reporting team is a savvy bunch that helps make sound financial decisions within our client’s organization. As a member of this company, you know your finance & accounting principles and the full reporting process end to end. You’ll advise on complex transactions, and you’ll plan, prepare, and coordinate all financial reporting requirements—and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help your team get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A collaborator at heart, you work with leadership, advocate best practices, and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to delivering the next generation of carbon-free energy at any scale. They continue to move nuclear power where it’s most needed and meet the growing demands of their business and their end-users. As the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting, you’d be joining a diverse group of insanely talented professionals with technology, science, and engineering expertise that’s supported by incredibly strong leadership and investors. This position reports directly to the company’s Chief Accounting Officer.
- Support month-end accounting close process, including recording certain journal entries.
- Lead preparation and review of monthly financial consolidations and development of consolidated financial statements including income statements, balance sheets, equity statements, and statements of cash flows.
- Oversee preparation and review of Forms 10-Q and 10-K, including all supporting documentation for filings, and ensuring compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Review XBRL files for SEC filings.
- Review press releases for quarterly earnings announcements, collaborating with Investor Relations, Legal and Executive Departments.
- Assist Legal Department with the annual proxy statement and other SEC filings to ensure the accuracy of applicable financial information.
- Analyze revenue and lease contracts for proper accounting treatment and document related technical accounting conclusions.
- Evaluate and implement new accounting pronouncements.
- Serve as liaison to external auditors.
- Contribute to process improvements and implementation of automated financial tools.
- Assist in recruiting, training, developing, and evaluating staff.
- Assist with finance process improvement initiatives to create efficiencies.
- Assist with additional projects impacting financial reporting by partnering with other teams.
- 8+ years of related public and/or corporate accounting experience.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, or related field.
- CPA License and/or equivalent certification.
- Extensive knowledge of SEC reporting US GAAP.
- Strong exposure to ASC 606 and ASC 842.
- Familiarity with international consolidation and multi-currency entities.
- Ability to comfortably interact with executive-level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings.
- Big Four Public Accounting Experience a plus.
- Experience in a Technology, Energy, or GovCon environment is a plus.
- Familiarity with NetSuite, ActiveDisclosure, or other Accounting Software packages.
- High level of enthusiasm and curiosity to grow your career in a multifaceted and growing company.