Family Office Accountant
In this role, you not only have strong finance and accounting background, but you can harness this knowledge to navigate complex financial issues to find creative solutions. You’re willing to dive deep into the details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture.
The Family Office Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting within our client’s family office. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements for family office.
This position is for those who enjoy working with tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and the support of other family office tasks.
- Prepare general ledgers and financial statements for approximately 7 family entities, which include trusts, partnerships, and an S-Corporation.
- Process all accounts payable transactions.
- Oversee cash management, including preparing wire transfers and coordinating funds movement with financial institutions.
- Interface with custodians, banks and money managers on day-to-day transactions and issues.
- Interface with managers from external partnerships to gather information as needed.
- Prepare a ‘Board Book’ on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare monthly ‘Investment Summary’ (updated summary of assets by entity, at FMV.)
- Prepare payroll tax deposits, returns, and other filings for domestic and other employees on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare use tax returns on a quarterly basis.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- CPA/CA or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Experience with process improvement and proficiency with spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Experience with individual accounting and family office needs.
- Tax experience a plus.