The Financial Controller is always on a mission to optimize the return on our client’s financial assets. You’ll head up a gifted group that ensures the organization makes sound financial decisions and as the leader of this team, you’ll always look for innovative ways to help our client invest for the future while limiting volatility and material surprises. You’re an excellent communicator who enjoys collaborating with people who possess a diverse set of talents, and you embrace interaction with virtually all aspects of the business. Everyday’s a new challenge, and you’ll continually help our client’s team get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to driving innovation for Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) in the North American market. It operates every step of its business—from design and manufacturing through integration—which empowers their partners to achieve reliable sustainability while paying less. As the Controller, you’d be joining an impressive group of hyper-smart professionals with engineering & renewable energy expertise that’s supported by incredibly strong leadership. This position reports directly to the company’s CFO.
- Manage all corporate accounting related functions.
- Oversee preparation of journal entries, analysis/adjustment of income statement and balance sheet accounts, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, and general accounting.
- Assist with corporate consolidation and FP&A activities.
- Meet month end and quarterly reporting deadlines.
- Handle cost coding and review of vendor and subcontractor invoices.
- Prepare periodic comparative variance analysis as required.
- Calculate and track compliance with tax reporting requirements.
- Work with US and CAN tax advisors.
- Manage the Company’s annual audit.
- Support broader strategic initiatives and other team members as requested.
- 5-10+ years of experience in a corporate and/or public accounting environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) or equivalent certification.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, transfer pricing (US-CAN), and general accounting.
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations.
- Familiarity with cash flow projections, revenue recognition, and cross-border tax practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in quickly changing environment.
- Exposure to NetSuite and/or ERP implementation is preferred.
- Experience in a Renewable Energy, Manufacturing, or Construction environment is a plus.