Senior Associate, Tax
Our partner’s in-house tax team knows all things corporate tax. Made up of smart, perceptive professionals with a flair for domestic, international, and sales and use tax, the knowledge and expertise of this team run deep. You have a few years of experience in this field and extensive knowledge of those tax issues most relevant to technology companies. While this team doesn’t give individual tax advice, you make it easy for the company to get what it needs to make good tax decisions. You find ways to work smarter by streamlining and automating their tax processes and systems and find ways to be both innovative and compliant.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to driving innovation for data center infrastructure at any scale. They continue to move the internet where it’s most needed and meet the growing demands of their business and their end-users. As a Senior Tax Associate, you’d be joining a diverse group of hyper-talented professionals with global data center and real estate expertise that’s supported by an incredibly strong investor group. This position reports directly to the company’s Accounting Director.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly/quarterly VAT/GST returns across EMEA, North America, South America, and APAC.
- Prepare monthly VAT account reconciliation between general ledger, VAT returns, and VAT listings for each entity.
- Responsible for dealing with queries from tax authorities and local teams on a regular basis.
- Review vendor and customer invoices for accurate VAT/GST rates.
- Ensure VAT payments and collections are done timely and advise Accounts Payable and Treasury with the appropriate GL coding.
- Work with Treasury on cash forecast and cash transfer between entities based on the VAT position.
- Prepare monthly VAT analytics for CFO, CAO, and FP&A.
- Work with the local team and VAT advisors to resolve any unfiled/outstanding items.
- Responsible for providing annual audit support for VAT/GST.
- Work closely with the local team across different jurisdictions to reconcile withholding taxes, stamp taxes, and prepayment of annual income taxes.
- Manage sales and use tax.
- Collaborate with other departments and/or clients on special projects as needed.
- Minimum 2 years of related public and/or corporate tax experience.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Working knowledge of European VAT requirements.
- Experience working with tax forms and processing.
- Experience working with accounting principles and accounting software and databases.
- Big 4 Public Accounting background.
- CPA or progress toward the certification.
- Experience working within a medium-sized international company.
- Experience in the Data Center industry, Construction, or Real Estate environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional, diverse, and fast-paced environment.