Senior Accountant, Tech
Accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities within our client’s organization. As a member of this company, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports — and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help them get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with leadership, advocate best practices, and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to driving innovation for data center infrastructure at any scale. They continue to move the internet where it’s most needed and meet the growing demands of their business and their end-users. As a Senior Accountant, you’d be joining a diverse group of hyper-talented professionals with global data center and real estate expertise that’s supported by an incredibly strong investor group. This position reports directly to the company’s Accounting Director.
- Analyze monthly operating expenses, including power, rent, insurance, and property taxes, and report on variances.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations and journal entries including, but not limited to, those involving debt, capitalized interest, and cumulative translation adjustments.
- Record monthly accruals to ensure costs are recorded in the correct accounting period.
- Assists in the creation of the monthly reporting package, including performing various analytical reviews and preparing monthly ad-hoc reports.
- Plays a key role in problem resolution, process improvement, and automation of asset-related and procurement-related processes.
- Provides audit support for consolidated and separate opinion financial statements.
- Provide guidance and training to team members, as needed.
- Coordinates with the Director of Tax and Director of GL on various accounting issues.
- Interface with external auditors and other advisors, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of public and/or corporate accounting experience.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management, and ability to drive key initiatives.
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior-level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings.
- Big Four Public Accounting Experience a plus.
- CPA license and/or progress toward the certification.
- Experience in a Data Center, Construction, or Real Estate environment is a plus.
- Desire and passion for learning, professional growth, and development.