Senior Accountant, Tech
Accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities within our client’s organization. As a member of this company, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports — and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help them get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with leadership, advocate best practices, and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to driving innovation for data center infrastructure at any scale. They continue to move the internet where it’s most needed and meet the growing demands of their business and their end-users. As a Senior Accountant, you’d be joining a diverse group of hyper-talented professionals with global data center and real estate expertise that’s supported by an incredibly strong investor group. This position reports directly to the company’s Accounting Director.
- Perform monthly close procedures and assist with GL reconciliations.
- Analyze and understand complete product line/offerings and revenue/expense streams to ensure proper revenue recognition and related costs/expense recognition.
- Analyze fixed assets and assist with capital vs. expense decisions.
- Play a key role in problem resolution, process improvement, and automation of asset-related and procurement-related processes.
- Assist with month-end financial reporting and variance analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Assist with the annual financial audit.
- Provide guidance and training to team members, as needed.
- Provide research and analysis to resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Coordinate accounting related matters with other departments and locations.
- Identify system or process inefficiencies or issues and provide solutions for enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of public or corporate accounting experience.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Progress toward CPA and/or eligibility to sit for the exam.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management, and ability to drive key initiatives.
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior-level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings.
- Big Four Public Accounting Experience.
- Experience with financial reporting.
- Familiarity with ASC842 Leases.
- Experience in a Data Center, Construction, or Real Estate environment.
- Desire and passion for learning, professional growth, and development.