Senior Accountant, HealthTech
Accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities within our client’s organization. As a member of this company, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You’ll support complex corporate accounting activities and also take on blended responsibilities that develop into an FP&A function— and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help them get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with leadership, advocate best practices, and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to driving innovation for personalized health solutions, at-home testing technology, and superior supplements. It operates every step of its business—from R&D to product delivery and customer service—which empowers individuals to live healthier for longer. As a Senior Accounting Associate, you’d be joining a diverse group of insanely talented professionals with life sciences and technology expertise that’s supported by incredibly strong leadership. This position reports directly to the company’s VP & Controller.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts and prepares account roll forwards and reconciliations.
- Reviews company-generated financial statements and trial balance reports and identifies any issues and/or inaccuracies in reporting.
- Prepares prepaid expense amortization schedules in compliance with Company’s accounting policies.
- Participates in a significant portion of closing processes at period end.
- Monitors and maintains fixed asset schedules, including calculation of depreciation on assets and asset roll forward schedules.
- Manages the preparation of inventory obsolescence, intercompany reconciliation, and bad debt analysis.
- Assists in preparing for quarterly audit work and the annual audit by preparing schedules and reconciliations.
- Researches discrepancies or other abnormalities found in daily accounting practice in a timely manner and reports any significant discrepancies to management.
- Prepares daily cash reconciliations and recommends transfers between accounts as necessary.
- Prepares property tax returns.
- Works with 3rd party vendors to ensure that all sales tax and Canadian GST returns are properly filed and paid.
- Works with various other departments to ensure that all 1099s and other tax documents, excluding income tax returns, are filed timely and accurately.
- Tracks company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget.
- Maintains related party listing and is able to identify all related party transactions and balances for each reporting period.
- Collects and analyzes data to detect deficient controls, duplicated efforts, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Follows procedures, policies, and internal controls to ensure efficient business processes to support the delivery of business objectives.
- Contributes to and supports internal control initiatives (SOX 404).
- Becomes cross-trained in other areas of the Department as necessary and willingly works in different areas as assigned.
- 4+ years of public and/or corporate accounting experience.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management, and ability to drive key initiatives.
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior-level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings.
- Big Four Public Accounting Experience a plus.
- CPA license and/or progress toward the certification.
- Experience in a BioTech/Pharma, Healthcare, or Technology environment is a plus.
- Desire and passion for learning, professional growth, and development.