Asset Management Associate
As part of this team, you drive critical priorities for our client by leading and assisting in projects of all sizes. Drawing from a solid background in finance and real estate, you work with a diverse team to manage projects from concept to implementation while keeping partners informed as you go. You get down into the details of complex analyses but don’t lose sight of the overall objective. When working on multiple projects at once, you intuitively know which issues to highlight and bring key decision makers together to come up with effective solutions. Once a project is completed, you’re able to clearly communicate the results and draw the key learnings for Senior Leadership. You are efficient and organized, making the most of everyone’s abilities and holding the team to the highest standard.
Our client is a pioneer in the real estate investment space and they successfully funded the first public crowd equity real estate offerings in the U.S. As a principal investor, they provide flexible and reliable capital solutions to the nation’s top industry sponsors. This company is small today but with vast resources and an incredibly talented team, they’re growing quickly. At this point, they’re targeting a highly motivated individual who will thrive in a dynamic, team-based environment. This is a unique opportunity to gain extremely diverse exposure and continued progression while working with the best and brightest in real estate.
- Develop and maintain robust relationships with joint venture investment partners and debt investment borrowers (collectively, “sponsors”).
- Work with various departments to improve internal and external communication regarding assets, portfolio data management, and workflow process improvements.
- Work with sponsors and third-party consultants, as applicable, to ensure compliance with financial covenants, operating agreements, loan agreements, budgets, business plan/property strategy, third-party agreements, etc.
- Review and approve sponsors’ business plans, operating budgets, development budgets, etc. as applicable.
- Review operating performance and financial reporting and highlight potential opportunities and/or issues.
- Review and approve equity capital calls, construction loan draws, and distribution calculations.
- Conduct quarterly investment valuations (includes updating key market data such as sales comps, valuation rates, as well as operating performance information).
- Perform Hold/Sell and portfolio level analyses as needed.
- Prepare reports to Investment Committee and investors as necessary.
- Assist with the disposition process including interview and selection of sale broker, review of offering materials, negotiation of purchase and sale contract, processing of Investment Committee approval, loan payoff, etc.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in real estate asset or property management.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- A working understanding of real estate investment principles, pro-formas and valuation methods, and strong Excel modeling skills.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn property management accounting processes, including the
useof any industry-specific software.
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience with Argus.
- Intellectually curious, creative, and collaborative.
- High degree of responsibility and initiative with the desire to advance beyond this position.