Accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities within our client’s organization. As a member of this company, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process from end to end. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports — and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help them get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with leadership, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to driving innovation for data center infrastructure at any scale. They continue to move the internet where it’s most needed and meet the growing demands of their business and their end-users. As an Accounting Associate, you’d be joining a diverse group of hyper-talented professionals with global data center and real estate expertise that’s supported by an incredibly strong investor group. This position reports directly to the company’s Accounting VP.
- Assist with the monthly close process by preparing journal entries and reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Spearhead revenue recognition within the accounting department and review/abstract lease agreements within the internal accounting platform.
- Prepare and reconcile the CRM system in accordance with the Revenue Reporting system to ensure completeness of all billings.
- Actively review contracts prior to execution and proactively resolve any discrepancies with the Sales Team.
- Prepare accounting entries and reconciliations specifically related to deferred revenue and unbilled receivables.
- Analyze and understand complete product line/offerings and revenue/expense streams to ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Assist with month-end financial reporting, variance analysis, and the annual financial audit.
- Identifies system or process inefficiencies or issues and provides solutions for enhancements.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- 2+ years of public and/or corporate accounting experience.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management, and ability to drive key initiatives.
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior-level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings.
- Big Four Public Accounting Experience a plus.
- CPA license and/or progress toward the certification.
- Desire and passion for learning, professional growth, and development.
- Experience in a Data Center, Construction, or Real Estate environment is a plus.