Accounting Associate, Real Estate
Our client’s accounting team is a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting & finance responsibilities within a Fortune 130 organization. As a member of this company, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary transactions — and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help them get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with leadership, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
This client exists as an elite, rapidly expanding real estate homebuilder and they’re looking for a hyper-talented Accounting Associate to spearhead accounting, finance, and special projects for their 40+ divisions. In the Senior role, you’ll take on financial reporting, revenue optimization, and fixed assets. You’ll join the best in the industry and provide robust oversight, technical expertise, and help grow the team over time.
- Oversee the daily, automated revenue HUD and cash process by preparing daily journal entries for home sales for 40 divisions operating on +$30B in revenue.
- Analyze and troubleshoot variances in the cash and revenue process working cross-functionally with Division accounting, the Title subsidiary, and the Treasury department to resolve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review and analyze the reconciliations of all Corporate cash accounts utilizing Blackline.
- Formulate an understanding of the company’s homebuilding business and accounting processes; evaluates ways to improve efficiency and drive automation.
- Supervise the general accountant in coding and posting cash to the homebuilding divisions; act as a liaison within the Division to identify proper coding to the general ledger.
- Work directly with the Accounting Director & Controller on a regular basis to address accounting issues with critical accounts.
- Spearhead other month-end reporting and special projects as assigned by senior leadership.
- 2+ years of public and/or corporate accounting experience.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management and ability to drive key initiatives.
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior-level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings.
- Big Four Public Accounting Experience.
- CPA certification and/or eligibility to sit for the exam.
- Experience with Blackline, JD Edwards, Oracle Essbase or similar accounting software.
- Desire and passion for learning, professional growth, and development.