Accounting Associate II
Accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities within our client’s organization. As a member of this company, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process from end to end. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports — and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help them get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with leadership, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to driving innovation in energy, intelligence, and national defense. They continue to modernize and move critical systems where they’re most needed and meet the growing demands of their businesses and end-users. As an Accountant II, you’d be joining a diverse group of hyper-talented professionals with global accounting and finance expertise that’s supported by an incredibly strong leadership team. This position reports directly to the company’s VP of Accounting.
- Apply senior-level principles of accounting to ensure the proper and accurate distribution of cost.
- Prepare monthly and semi-monthly invoices utilizing the accounting system required to produce this data.
- Prepare, research, resolve and enter recurring and reversing journal entries and inter-company voucher transfers.
- Reconcile all bank accounts to the General Ledger.
- Prepare audit schedules, reports and other financial data for internal/external auditors and departments.
- Verify the proper distribution of charges to specific accounts and contracts.
- Reconcile asset and liability accounts.
- Maintain and establish accounting job codes.
- Prepare schedules for DCAA incurred cost submissions and participate in responding to requests.
- Prepare monthly and yearly journal entries including inter-company voucher transfers.
- Perform month end and year-end closings.
- Provide training and support to accounting staff members on an as needed basis.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects.
- 3+ years of public and/or corporate accounting experience.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management, and ability to drive key initiatives.
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior-level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings.
- Global Billing/Cost Accounting Experience a plus.
- CPA license and/or progress toward the certification.
- Desire and passion for learning, professional growth, and development.
- Experience in a Government Contracting, Defense, or Technology environment is a plus.