Accounting Ops Associate
Accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities within our client’s organization. As a member of this company, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process from end to end. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports — and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help them get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with leadership, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to driving innovation for data center infrastructure at any scale. They continue to move the internet where it’s most needed and meet the growing demands of their business and their end-users. As an Accounting Associate, you’d be joining a diverse group of hyper-talented professionals with global data center and real estate expertise that’s supported by an incredibly strong investor group. This position reports directly to the company’s Accounting Manager.
- Assist with the monthly close process by preparing journal entries and reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Analyze fixed assets and assist with capital vs. expense decisions.
- Record fixed & intangible assets in the company’s accounting platform (NetSuite).
- Perform asset retirement obligation calculations for ARO applicable assets and carry out periodic reviews on intangible assets’ impairment.
- Record prepaid & amortization expenses and monthly depreciation.
- Play a key role in problem resolution, process improvement, and automation of asset-related & procurement-related processes.
- Assist with the month-end financial reporting and variance analysis.
- Assist with preparation of audit schedules.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- At least 1 year(s) of relevant work experience in a public accounting or corporate setting.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong technical accounting (GL) exposure.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or NetSuite.
- CPA/CA or progress toward getting the certification.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent project management and analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with management.