Accounting Associate, HealthTech
Accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities within our client’s organization. As a member of this company, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You’ll support the monthly close activities, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports — and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help them get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with leadership, advocate best practices, and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to driving innovation for personalized health solutions, at-home testing technology, and superior supplements. It operates every step of its business—from R&D to product delivery and customer service—which empowers individuals to live healthier for longer. As an Accounting Associate, you’d be joining a diverse group of insanely talented professionals with life sciences and technology expertise that’s supported by incredibly strong leadership. This position reports directly to the company’s VP & Controller.
- Support month-end close activities including but not limited to preparing general ledger entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and P&L variance analysis.
- Develop a month-end narrative around costs and revenue.
- Monitor and assist cash management and forecasting.
- Review invoice submissions and identify unusual trends or erroneous entries.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Support the annual operating plan and budget creation process.
- Coordinate and assist with state & local tax filing requirements.
- Assist with quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and SOX.
- Research and apply accounting policy to business issues that arise.
- Participate in systems and accounting integrations for acquired companies.
- Participate in accounting projects such as purchase accounting for acquired companies, etc.
- Work collaboratively within the accounting department and other departments to provide guidance and troubleshoot when necessary.
- Provide support for ad-hoc analysis and projects as needed.
- 2+ years of public and/or corporate accounting experience.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to management, and ability to drive key initiatives.
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior-level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings.
- Big Four Public Accounting Experience a plus.
- CPA license and/or progress toward the certification.
- Experience in a BioTech/Pharma, Healthcare, or Technology environment is a plus.
- Desire and passion for learning, professional growth, and development.