Sr. Manager, Technical Acct. & Reporting
The Financial Reporting team is a savvy bunch that helps make sound financial decisions within our client’s organization. As a member of this company, you know your finance & accounting principles and the full reporting process end to end. You’ll advise on complex transactions, and you’ll plan, prepare, and coordinate all financial reporting requirements—and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day’s a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help your team get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible. A collaborator at heart, you work with leadership, advocate best practices, and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
This organization is arguably the best when it comes to driving innovation for data center infrastructure at any scale. They continue to move the internet where it’s most needed and meet the growing demands of their business and their end-users. As the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting, you’d be joining a diverse group of insanely talented professionals with global data center and real estate expertise that’s supported by incredibly strong leadership and investors. This position reports directly to the company’s Chief Accounting Officer.
- Lead the preparation, review, and management of quarterly statements and annual financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP/IFRS.
- Coordinate efforts with internal departments and external groups to facilitate the preparation of the monthly reporting package, including performing various analytical reviews and prepares monthly ad-hoc reports.
- Assist with the planning and completion of 10+ statutory/lender reports which includes managing auditors, legal contacts and others to ensure timely filing in various jurisdictions.
- Prepare debt compliance requirements, including but not limited to the calculation of debt covenant ratios, preparation of compliance certificates, and management of lender inquiries.
- Monitor and enhance the procedures related to the external reporting process to ensure compliance with the Company’s internal control process.
- Provide technical support on accounting issues to ensure compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), IFRS, and regulatory requirements.
- Advise on technical accounting considerations and implement new accounting standards and regulatory regulation changes, including disclosure changes.
- Document conclusions on the appropriate accounting for complex transactions and contracts and adoption of new accounting standards.
- Assist in external audit coordination and internal audit reviews.
- Contribute to process improvements and implementation of automated financial tools.
- Assist in recruiting, training, developing, and evaluating staff.
- Liaison with accounting and finance teams, legal counsel, internal audit, and external auditors.
- Assist with finance process improvement initiatives to create efficiencies.
- Assist with additional projects impacting financial reporting by partnering with other teams.
- 6 years of related public and/or corporate accounting experience.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, or related field.
- CPA License and/or equivalent certification.
- Strong exposure to US GAAP, SOX, and financial reporting standards & regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of Business Combinations, Lease Accounting, and Revenue Recognition.
- Familiarity with international consolidation and multi-currency entities.
- Ability to comfortably interact with executive-level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings.
- Big Four Public Accounting Experience a plus.
- Experience in a Technology, Real Estate, or Telecommunications environment is a plus.
- Familiarity with NetSuite, ActiveDisclosure, or other Accounting Software packages.
- High level of enthusiasm and curiosity to grow your career in a multifaceted and growing company.